Search This Blog

Monday, June 17, 2013

Gillian Flynn

I've wanted to read Gillian Flynn's popular adult novel, Gone Girl, for quite some time.  My
coworkers and reading buddies have loved it and I've missed out on their conversations...now I know why they've been so excited to discuss it!  It's a psychological thriller that stays with you long past the last page.  And although it was a lengthy book, I finished it in a couple of days.  It's "one of those" books...the kind you can't put down.  Hated the ending, though!  Ugh!  No spoilers here.  Just know that if you read no other book this year, make it this one!  

And normally, when I find an author I like, I read everything they've written.  Flynn's debut novel, Sharp Objects, was loaned to me by LT and I loved it.  It's darker.  Murder mystery.  Thriller.  Psychological.  Creepy.  I believe LT called it "freaky".  Just my kind of book!  Another page turner.  Late night read.  Early morning read.  


And so I have her third and final book on order now.  I'll post when I finish it!  :)

I'm so glad to finally be working my way through the huge stack of adult novels I've kept beside the bed all winter.  LOVE summer reading!  
 
Keep Reading!
 RC

No comments:

Post a Comment