Search This Blog

Friday, February 6, 2015

Pure Drivel

I knew the moment the teacher laid the stack of books on my counter which one of the donations I'd be reading first.  The one with the cover that makes my heart flutter just a tad. The one which contains my...dare I say it?...my crush.  I have ALWAYS, since the beginning of time, loved Steve Martin!  How many times have I watched Father of the Bride?  Too many to admit.  It's not that it's a great movie...you know why I watch it.  I love to watch this man work!  And I do believe I'm telling this for the first time ever!  

But I digress... If you enjoy Steve Martin's dry wit, you need to pick up a copy of Pure Drivel.  It's not new, it's not on the New York Times Bestseller List, it's not a book club book.  It's just a collection of essays written by the man himself.  In his style.  And it's for adults, please.  

Guilty pleasure of the week accomplished!
Happy Reading,
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment