Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2015

White Fang

I haven't had as hard a time finishing a book in a very long time as I had attempting to read White Fang by Jack London.  Not that it was difficult.  Not that it was boring. (by no means!) But because it was a novel which contained so much animal cruelty that I almost couldn't read it.  There were several chapters in which White Fang is beaten to within an inch of his life and miraculously survives.  I just can't handle that!  But, as always, I took my time and finished it.  This is NOT my favorite book breakfast title of the year.  And it most likely will be my last Jack London book for a while.  That man could write some realistic fiction!  Whew!  I am anxiously awaiting the book breakfast, which is exactly 7 seven days away.  Wondering what my students thought about the brutality.  I betcha they weren't as bothered as I was.  This generation handles violence much more calmly than mine.

More happier reading please...
 RC

No comments:

Post a Comment