Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

One Piece

Read Volume 1 of One Piece for a student who highly recommended it and passionately asked me to.  I can honestly say I am not a fan of Japanese manga.  No, that's too nice... I really dislike reading Japanese manga.  Dare I say it was a painful experience that left me wanting to tear my toenails off?  Yes.  I dare say it.  I hate manga.  But I love my students, so I read Volume 1 all the way through (backwards) without skipping one single frame or word.  The only redeeming quality of this volume is that the theme of determination and loyalty were quite clear.  Why, oh why must the animators use only two emotions?  Calmly speaking or full open-mouth SCREAMING!?!  I don't understand!!!

Anyhow, I fulfilled my promise and read one-third of it.  I shall hold my head up high as I return it and thank her for the experience.  (Which I shall never have to endure again!)  
Seriously, though...it's good to try new experiences.  

Hope your new year is filled with lots of happy new ones.  
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment