Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod: Eighth Grade Bites

Here's one of the Fall Book Frenzy titles you'll want to include on your summer reading list!  Vlad Tod, 8th grade vampire, is just trying to fit in and be somewhat "normal", when his teacher disappears and a weird substitute teacher takes his place.  Mr. Otis Otis (What a name!) isn't who he appears to be and soon Vladimir is thrown into the supernatural world to fight for his life! 

No wonder this book stays checked out!  It's cool! 

I love the way Heather Brewer writes...she's well aware of what tweens want to read, their humor and their fears.  This is the first book I've read in a while that actually includes a scene in which a teenager thinks they've got the situation figured out when in reality, they're sooooo wrong!  For those who have read this book, I'm talking about Valentine's Day and Vlad's feelings about Meredith.  

So glad I finally read this book.. the cover art and content are popular among our readers right now.  There are several books I "don't have" to read in our library because they sell themselves to our readers.  This is definitely one of them.

I have too many other books I need to read, but I'm putting Ninth Grade Slays on my "to read" list.
Happy Reading!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment