Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?

I'm a HUGE American Idol fan this year and most of my excitement comes from watching/listening to/laughing with Steven Tyler.  He's the best thing to happen to this show in a loooong time!  I love his comments and strangely refreshing compassion so much that I decided to buy his autobiography. I expected that there would be lewd information shared, so I braced myself before reading.  Armed with a pen to mark out the raunchy bits, I dove into his childhood last night and didn't want to come up for air.  Wow.  Let me just say that if you are an adult and you thought you knew everything there was to know about Steven Tyler, you'd be fooling yourself.  For example, I did not know his father was a classical pianist.  Did not know his family owned a bed/breakfast type resort in the 50s that caused him to be this weird hybrid of true city/true country boy.  But NOW, that I've read chapter 1, I sorta "get him" .  Can't say I totally understand his gibberish yet, but I'm sure he'll explain.  

I admit that the prologue is a bit strange and as I read it I wondered if perhaps someone on drugs may understand it a bit better, but I hung in there and it was well worth it.  His mind works in the strangest way.  

Refreshing.  Insightful.  Just what you adults out there need for summer reading.  And, if you censor it while you read, you may want to pass it on to a young adult you know...lots of good life lessons are shared early on.  

I'll continue reading and let you know if I come across anything you absolutely have to know before buying.

And in the words of Steven Tyler, "We need to go back to the way it was 30 years ago, when everybody had Grandma and Grandpa, and we were willing to pass moral judgments about right and wrong."

What did I tell you!!!?
Happy Reading!
RC 

No comments:

Post a Comment