Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Catching up...

Now is the time to catch up my reading record to reflect the Fall Book Frenzy books I read in preparation for that event.  I chose not to leave an individual post on each book, I wanted to simply list them so those students who are participating would not have my opinions muddying theirs. 

This officially gets me to 75 books of the 100 I planned to read in 2011.  I am probably off either way by 1 or 2 books, but I'm going to stick with this number.  75
These are all great reads...depending on your personal reading preferences, of course.

75.  A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle (Reread this...it's just as good as I remembered.)
74.  Playing for Pizza by John Grisham (sports fiction, mystery)
73.  No More Dead Dogs by Gordon Korman (Love this author!  He has 3 books on the FBF list!)
72.  The Crimson Cap by Ellen Howard (historical fiction)
71.  Touch Blue by Cynthia Lord (We've picked up a few more Lord fans with this one!)
70.  The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin Dionne  (realistic fiction)
69.  The Rivalry: Mystery at the Army/Navy Game by John Feinstein (sports fiction/mystery)
68.  Scrawl by Mark Shulman (This is also a Kentucky Bluegrass Nominee!)
67.  Killer Pizza by Greg Taylor (horror, humor)
66.  The Juvie Three by Gordon Korman (realistic fiction)
65.  The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer (one of my all-time favs)
64.  Finally by Wendy Mass (Lots of our girls can relate to this one!)
62. and 63..  Devastation by Gloria Skurzynski (Two books bound together.)
61. Countdown by Deborah Wiles  (Such a neat book!  Love the primary sources included.)
60.  Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson (A good author.  A great book.  Couldn't believe it ended so abruptly, though!  I don't have time to read the next book right now!  LOL)
59.  The Cardturner by Louis Sachar (Precious story about inner beauty and what's really important in life.)
58.  Bullyville by Francine Prose (Mean kids reminded me of the teens from Gone.)
57.  Boost by Kathryn Mackel (girl sports fiction)

Okay, so that should catch me up...I'm going to try to include the number with each post.  Hopefully, that will keep me from having to go back through ALL OF MY POSTS and try to figure out where I left off with my counting.  Ugh!  Why must I always do everything the hard way?!

Happy Reading (and counting!)
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment