Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Likeness

Good Morning!
This is probably the most unorganized post for a book I've ever written, but I can't care at this time!  Don't have time for editing, so just try to hang on!!!  LOL

Finished the second book in Tana French's murder mystery trilogy...I enjoyed The Likeness much more than In the Woods.  I'm pleased with the direction the author took Cassie in this book and the plot was original.  Still thinking about that book, after two weeks, so that tells you it was a great read! (Need to remind you that this is an adult read.)

In this second Irish murder case installment, we are reunited with Cassie, who has left the murder department for the domestic violence unit of the squad.  She doesn't get to recuperate long, though, because an old colleague contacts her with an urgent need for her to reenter the undercover world!  A girl has been found dead...she looks exactly like Cassie...has identification on her that is the same as one Cassie created to bust a drug dealer many years ago.  Something is just not right!  So Cassie enters the girl's world...and that's where the story really gets interesting. 

The murder is solved and I have fewer questions than I did with the first book.  Thank goodness!  Actually looking forward to getting to read the third book.  But for now, I'm working my way towards a big book event here at North Middle in late October and my evenings have been spent sleeping instead of reading.  I miss my books so much!

So let me just record that (I think) this is book #56 for the year, not counting the Fall Book Frenzy books I've read and not counted or blogged about yet. I was keeping a running tally on my laptop, but then it crashed and I lost everything for the second time.  (No, I didn't back up to an external hard drive.) So, I've had to count the books I've read in between blogging and not-blogging.  Ugh!  So instead of rounding up or rounding down, I'm sticking with the magical number 56!  I'm running out of time!  I have to read 100 before December 31st!  This is the first New Year's resolution I've managed to keep.  I'll turn 40 this year and I know it sounds pitiful that I haven't had the willpower to keep a resolution yet.  Oh well, no time like the present!  Guess old dogs can learn new tricks after all!

I have a feeling I'll be reading on New Year's Eve.  ;)
Happy Reading!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment