Search This Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Enchantress

The Enchantress, by Michael Scott, is book #6 in The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series.  It's my favorite young adult series, but as with other series the plot thickens and branches so much that I sometimes have to create a mental map of the characters and a few brief notes for myself.  That's what I'm sharing with you today.  I'm about 3/4 of the way through and for all you chess players out there, I'm getting to the "endgame" of the book.  I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm also getting to the endgame of the series.  I don't want to become so muddled down by sub-plots that I don't care about the ending.  Thus, my mental map.  I'm a visual learner and sometimes I can't "see" a plot until I break it down and write it down.  And of course, use pictures.  ;)


 As of page 290 (Chapter 43)
Virginia Dare--she doesn't look fierce, but she weilds much power!

 Plot 1- Sophie and Josh have traveled back in time to Danu Talis with Dr. John Dee and Virginia Dare.  Dee created a time portal using the 4 swords to help them escape the monsters of Alcatraz.  Sophie and Josh are with Osiris and Isis (their parents?) and are being presented as the rightful heirs of Danu Talis.  Only Bastet and Anubis have no idea their reign will be interrupted.  Aten has been rescued by Maretheyu and they plan to stop Anubis from becoming the ruler.  Bastet plans to throw Aten to the volcano.  Virginia Dare has been reintroduced to Maretheyu and they plan to thwart Bastet's plans as well.

The Morrigan
Plot 2- Nicholas and Perenelle have made their way onto Alcatraz where they will attempt to break the spell that binds the monsters together.  They have just discovered that the Morrigan is in charge.  They will soon (I predict) join Hel, Odin, Mars, Billy the Kid, Machiavelli and Black Hawk as they battle the Sphinx and the other monsters.

Niten






Plot 3- Niten and Prometheus have been fighting back the Drakon seed Spartoi on the Golden Gate Bridge.  

Scathach
Plot 4- Scathach, Prometheus (confusing!), Palamedes, Joan of Arc, Saint-Germain and Shakespeare are at the Yggdrasil with Hekate.  They plan to join the battle with the humani against the Elders (Osiris and Isis I believe).  
tsagaglalal- She Who Watches- The Witch of Endor













Plot 5-  Meanwhile, Aunt Agnes (aka She Who Watches or The Witch of Endor) has been working within a couple of time strands with her husband, Abraham the Mage to ensure that certain characters receive emerald tablets that show the future. 

Okay, now I think I've got it.  Whew!
Back to the book!  Oh!  And this will make #15 for me when I'm finished.

Happy Summer Reading!
And don't forget that sometimes you just have to stop...organize your thoughts...ask yourself and the author some questions...and maybe even Google something...and then you can go back to the book.  That's what readers do.

RC

No comments:

Post a Comment