Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

One Thousand Gifts

Usually, when I finish a book I can't wait to blog about it and then dive right into the next. But with One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voscamp, I didn't want to rush the process. I took 5 days to read the book. Slowly contemplating each chapter. I wanted to absorb her thoughts and revelations about gratitude and grace. I posted several quotes she used onto my Facebook account to share her thoughts with my friends and I thought about those words each day. I hope they caused others to contemplate just how much gratitude they hold in their hearts for what God gives us each day. To see beauty in every day. Every small, precious moment. Even to see God's gift when the children are battling each other and when the day seems to drag on with endless, repetitive motions. The daily grind.
I'm thankful. For many things. Gifts. And I thank my friend, Carol, for buying me my very own copy of this book and sharing with me a mother's revelation. About grace.
I began counting 1,000 gifts this morning using the App for this book.  I love that you can record your gifts using text or pictures.

If you have the desire to know true grace...read this book.  And begin counting. 

Happy summer reading!  (And I think this is book #16 for me.)
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment