Search This Blog

Friday, February 14, 2014

I Love Books

Happy Valentine's Day to my fellow lovers of books!  Isn't there just something special about choosing a new book to read?  Sitting down with it for the first time...opening it up.  (That smell!)  Clearing your mind and opening it up to the journey the author has prepared...the world they have created.  It's as if we get pulled in physically...the book doesn't become real for us, we become part of the book!  I love that feeling.  
A Valentine's Day gift to my reading teachers looked something like this!




I also adore the pull a really great book has on me when I'm not able to read.  I'm constantly thinking about the characters..."What are they doing now?"  The story has come alive for me.  I like to ponder what the characters will do next.  What their next big decision will be.  What would I do?  Would I react the same?  I also like to observe the world around me to see if I notice anyone who looks like the characters.  Most of the time I have to Google actors and actresses that I'd cast in the movie!  That's fun, too!

Reading Graffiti bulletin board outside library doors
What's most fun for me is the effect a book has on me.  I always learn something new about myself after finishing a book.  And if I have the opportunity to discuss that book with another reader, well that's just my cup of tea!  

So for all the lovers of books...the day is yours.  Make sure you sit down and spend some time with your book today...whether it be an old favorite, a new favorite or something unexpected and fresh.  Fall in love with yourself as a reader today.  

Students and teachers shared memorable quotes from what they've been reading since Christmas.
As you can see from the pictures above, reading is something we LOVE to do here at North Middle.  We encourage our students to read, discuss and share what they're reading.  Hopefully, the effort we put forth will help them be life-long readers. 


Happy Reading!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment