Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Queen of Kentucky

Adding this book to the MNMS collection today.  Gifted my 6th, 7th and 8th grade reading teachers with a copy for their classroom libraries.  Hoping to host this author next school year.  Wanting feedback from readers who've read it.  I'll be starting it soon.  

Why am I interested in this author?  This book?  A fellow lms suggested I host her.  Whitaker is a born and raised Kentucky girl who made it BIG and is currently living in NYC.  She loves to travel home to KY to discuss her books with middle and high school readers.  I'd love to expose our students to an author who grew up here and found success.  I'd love to have her read aloud from her book.  I'd love for her to sign copies for my students.  I'd love for them to meet a real, live author.  But most of all, I want to provide them with another reading opportunity.  Another chance to get together and discuss books.  Many of my students have blossomed as readers since we have begun giving them more opportunities to get together.  

If you read it, please give me feedback.
Happy Reading!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment