Search This Blog

Monday, October 13, 2014

The Genesis Trilogy

One of my favorite Christian fiction authors, Mesu Andrews, highly praised this trilogy soon after the controversial "Noah" movie, starring Russel Crowe, was released. Many Christians strongly disliked the movie for it's science fiction components.  I am a Christian and was not offended by the movie.  Personally, I thought the inclusion of alien beings was unnecessary, but it did not make me angry.  Without venturing into religious discussion, I have to say that Mesu Andrews wrote an outstanding review of the movie and then referred those of us who weren't offended by the movie to this author's Genesis Trilogy. I purchased the trilogy and haven't had time to work it into my lineup until now.   I started the first book last night.  So far, so good.  The main character, Annah, is virtually a slave to her older brother, who has taken over the family following his father's murder.  Guess who was responsible for that?  Yes, he was!  This brother is one evil, wicked, mean fella.  Reminded me of the evil spoken of in Genesis that angered God and caused Him to be sorry he created mankind.  The author sets that up well.  Also, Annah is expected to be submissive because she's a woman.  Also very typical of neolithic man.  There is mention of the Most High, but most people worship a goddess of nature called Havah and a tree she is said to have created.  I find this book to be culturally accurate so far and appreciate the research and creativity this author has obviously put in. 

Waiting for my next student recommendation!  Until then, I'll be reading this!  If you want to read along with me, start with The Heavens Before

Happy Reading!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment