Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

Have you ever?

Have you ever stayed up late at night to finish a book?  If so, share with me which book and try to give me a reason why you just couldn't put the book down.  I KNOW I'm not the only person up at 2:00 am reading.

Reason for this post:  I stayed up way too late last night to finish The Maze Runner by James Dashner.  Incredible plot twists, extraordinary character development and the author's definitive writing style kept me intrigued until the early hours of the day.  And then, I was so excited about the new plot developments and the foreshadowing present at the end of the first book, that I had to immediately grab the second in the series, The Scorch Trials, and read at least the first chapter.  (I had to promise myself not to read more than that.)  Teachers (and mothers) need their sleep.    Although I enjoy Dashner's writing style, I feel he really stepped up the drama and fed me exactly what I needed as a reader in the last fourth of the book.  Way to go, Dashner, I'm a hard reader to impress.

Can't wait to hear what has kept you up at night!

Happy (LATE NIGHT) Reading!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment