Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Back to work...

It's the end of July and for me that means it's time to go back to work!  Started back yesterday at the library and spent most of the day rearranging from summer floor waxing and carpet shampooing.  There was a mountain of mail and a stack of boxes to go through.  Today, I had the pleasure of cataloging some of the new books...

including new additions to the restricted collection.  I needed to complete the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard and I am happy to say we have books #1-13 now.  The Kelley Armstrong romantic fantasy series is complete and I've purchased the next two in the followup series, The Gathering and The Calling.  Book #4 in the Hex Hall series is here- School Spirits as well as the second book in the Dust Lands series, Rebel Heart.  And finally, our Sarah Dessen collection is complete with the purchase of her book, Along for the Ride.

 The Kentucky Bluegrass Collection is now updated with the 2013-2014 nominees.  I've blogged about most of these books already, but I'm excited to introduce them to my students soon.  I still need to read Unstoppable (realistic sports fiction) and The Lions of Little Rock (historical fiction).  

I'm excited about a new collection by Anne Scraff.  These urban stories will appeal to reluctant readers who have an especially hard time connecting to characters.  This collection is similar to the Bluford High Series and the Orca collection that so many of our students rely on. 

 To make the sting of work less painful, this is also the time of year that I purchase a literary shirt or two to add to my wardrobe.  So happy to be able to add Paula Quinn to my repertoire of tees!  Ordered her new "Quinn Nation" shirt today.  Cannot wait to wear it!  I love her historical romance novels.  LOVE!
 
 


Happy (early morning and late night) reading!
RC 

No comments:

Post a Comment