Search This Blog

Monday, November 11, 2013

Darkly Dreaming Dexter

Reading the book AFTER watching all 8 seasons of Showtime's series, "Dexter", is not how I'd recommend approaching this outstanding character created by author Jeff Lindsay.  However, I plunged into the series this summer and marathoned the series until I caught up with the finale.  Shew!  That was a lot of late night tv watching!  I'm happy to say that I wasn't too disappointed in the book having already watched the plot unfold on television.  The screenwriters held close to the dialogue and character development.  I probably won't read the other books in the series because I already know what happens.  But for those adults out there who love serial killer fiction, this author is for you!  Again, this is NOT a young adult read.  I do not recommend it for middle or high school students.  

Happy Reading to you adults out there!
Hang on, Dexter is quite the character!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment