Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Break with Charity

After reading about the Salem Witch Trials in Petry's book, Tituba, I was intrigued to see how famed historical fiction queen Ann Rinaldi would handle this hysterical period of our history.  With charm and grace, of course!  I am loving it so far!  I am finding interesting parallels between both authors' works and reveling in the depth of character development Rinaldi is known for.  And I'm learning so much about the true story behind the Salem Witch Trials. 

Here's my favorite quote so far... "What had our way of life done to us, that to escape it some would resort to feigning possession by the dark consorts of eternity?  While others would rush to believe them?  And still others would rush to join them for their own advantage?" 

Think about it.  Let that sink in.  Have we changed all that much?  Is our study of history truly preventing us from repeating it?

Happy Reading,
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment