Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Book Characters

If you ever have trouble keeping a multitude of characters straight, such as when reading a series of books in which new characters are constantly being added, you may want to create a visual character map to help you remember.

After finishing another book in my favorite historical romance novelist's series, I had a virtual pool full of characters facing swirling in my head and I became frustrated as I tried to picture them.  Some of the characters I hadn't thought of for over two years...So, I logged onto the author's website and downloaded the character family tree (thank goodness she created one) and copy/pasted her inspiration pictures to a Word document so I could refer to the pictures while reading her next novel.  I tagged each picture with the character name and made short comments below each to remind me of their relationship to other characters in the series.   

So, if keeping up with characters is a problem for you as well, take a tip from this visual learner and create a character map.  I can't wait for her next book...released in September 2011...I'll be ready!

Happy Reading!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment