Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is a holiday that reminds us to be thankful for our many blessings.  Here are a few of mine:

-the ability to see
-the ability to read
-the ability to speak

-my workplace
-my coworkers
-my students

-great authors
-great illustrators

-friends who love books
-students who love books
-parents who buy their kids books
-kids who still let their parents read to/with them


-my faithful blog followers...all 4 of you!  


I am thankful for so much more, but wanted to keep this list "bookish".  ;)


So this Thanksgiving holiday, let's take the opportunity to not only BE thankful, but to SHOW our appreciation and TELL others how thankful we truly are.  


And when you sit down to read this week, be thankful that you CAN.  Illiteracy is a disease this country isn't working hard enough to cure.


Happy Thanksgiving Reading to you and yours...
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment