Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day: a great day to vote and read!

Yes, it's the first Tuesday in November...not only a day to exercise your right to vote, but a great day for education employees and students across Muhlenberg County to curl up with a good book.

Currently, I'm reading George Ella Lyon's novel, Sonny's House of Spies.  I have recently placed this book on the Kentucky Bluegrass shelves of our library to supplement the collection.  (The shelves are always empty!  Go North Middle readers!)  However, some of the subject headings may be too controversial for our patron community, so I'm previewing.  Have to say, so far it's a difficult read for young adults.  I'm enjoying the suspense and doing quite a lot of foreshadowing.  I'll let you know.

The book event was a HUGE success.  I've decided to call it the "Fall Book Frenzy".  Our principal has requested we do this every year.  I agree!  Photos and video are available on the G drive of our school server.  Have created a bulletin board of photos and displayed them outside the library doors.  You should come by to look at them!


Cynthia Lord, author of Rules, will be in Owensboro on November 15th.  The school librarian welcomes the public to meet her at 7 pm that evening.  Want more information?  Shoot me an email.  Would be happy to share.

Back to my book...I have to know what happened to Sonny's dad!
Happy Reading!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment