Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Notes From The Dog

Amazing as it may sound, I've found time this week to finish another YA book.  Notes from the Dog by Gary Paulsen.  Fantastic read.  Love that Paulsen used high school boys to tell a touching story about a woman dealing with the last stages of breast cancer.  Very original.  Bravo!  There aren't many YA books that are written well enough to bring me to tears, but this one did it...to think of two "dudes" taking care of a frail young woman as she recovers from a chemo treatment...the tenderness.  It touched me.  The ending, although abrupt, was handled well.  I understand. 
If you have the chance, you should read this short book.  I can think of several of my middle school kids who are gonna love it.  And, most important of all, my son watched as I was caught up in the ending and commented that he might just read it too.  That's awesome!

Happy Reading!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment