Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Plague

While camping out in front of the television and while hiding within our "safe" room waiting out the tornado warnings this week, I've managed to finish Michael Grant's 4th book in the Gone series, Plague.  It's a tome!  I'd feel safe saying that this was the yuckiest book I've ever read.  What with cannibalism, parasites chewing their way out of the characters, giant cockroach-like creatures and an evil villain with a whip hand, I'd say I'm sure to have an interesting nightmare soon.  Of course there are two more books in this series that I'll definitely read.  I just love young adult science fiction!  I've had fun discussing this book with kids at school this week and flaunting the book for those anxious to read.  I admit I enjoy creating little book "monsters" every now and then.  (smile)

If I could say only one thing to encourage a student to read this series it would be that it's Stephen King's favorite series for young adults.  

That did it, right?
Happy Reading!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment