Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's Moving Time!


Hello fellow readers!
It's moving time here at the North Middle Library!  Each of the five years I've been in this position, I've attempted to make one drastically necessary change each June to the library's collection or physical environment.  This year, I've decided to move the biography collection across the library so it will be housed in the nonfiction collection, where it belongs.  That way, when I teach the incoming sixth graders that there are virtually two sides to our library, a fiction and a nonfiction side, I will not have to offer the disclaimer, "Except for the biographies of course..."  What a job it has been weeding and rearranging the 900s to fit the biographies.  But it was about time!!!  I'm excited about the students returning and using the collection now.

So what am I going to do with all those bare shelves that used to hold biographies?  Well, I can't just leave them, now can I?  I am going to flip the fiction section so that the books are arranged A-Z instead of Z-A.  Don't ask me why...I'm not sure why they were arranged that way.  It's confusing.  I'm ordering new shelf labels and all will be much better by August. 

Whew! 
My mother always said that anything worth doing was worth doing well.  She was exactly right!
Happy Reading to you all!  Can't wait for my students to see the library at Open House.

*There will be a HUGE freebie table set up on Open House night.  Hope to see you there.

RC

No comments:

Post a Comment