Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

A little of this, a little of that....

Good Morning, bloggers!  
This morning marks the last work day of the 2010-2011 school year for me.  Whoo Hoo!!  My summer can begin!  I plan to finish flipping the fiction collection (I am in the "Ls".), move the short story collection, lay out all the new arrivals, catalog everything new I have received so far (look for a list at the end of the blog entry) and mail the letters to students who have neglected to turn in their books.  For those parents who wonder why I wait until the middle of June...I check the collection 2 or 3 times before sending a letter home.  I want to be 100% sure the book is NOT in this library.  I have been burned by several libraries in the past and the last thing I want is to leave a bad taste in the mouth of a student who currently enjoys the library.  Also, the custodians are cleaning rooms and they always bring me what they find.  I've found several so far...and thus my plan is a good one.

I wanted to let you know that one of our favorite authors has a new book coming out -- Blood Wounds by Susan Beth Pfeffer (author of Life As We Knew It trilogy, or the Moon Crash books as they're so lovingly called by our students...).  See the link below to visit one of my favorite blogs that will tell you all the news.  

Susan Beth Pfeffer news 

For those bookworms out there...please let me encourage you to read as much as you can this summer.  Carry your book with you everywhere you go.  Even if you should only get 10-15 minutes at a time with your book, that amount of time will keep you emerged in the plot and will help you enjoy your book that much more.  Now that I'm officially going to be off work, (I never stop being a librarian. :)), I'll read more young adult fiction and post my reviews here.  Currently, I'm reading an adult romance.  For those young adults who like adult romances, Johanna Lindsey is a pretty safe author.  She usually includes one "romantic" scene, but you could skip that.  The "romantical history" (GENRE I CREATED, THANK YOU--ha!)  is fantastic. 

Well, off to flip some more fiction!
Enjoy your day.  Looks to be a beautiful one here in Western Kentucky.  Good day to take that book outside.


*See below my signature for a list of new arrivals to the MNMS Library.
Happy Reading!
RC


These are in random order.  These were the profit from our May Book Fair.  Google these for a synopsis.

Tennyson by Lesley M.M. Blume
Chronicles of the Red King: The Secret Kingdom Book 1 by Jenny Nimmo 
Mockingbird (5 paperback copies) by Kathryn Erskine
Troubletwisters by Garth Nix and Sean Williams 
I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916 by Lauren Tarshis
Watch Wolf: Wolves of the Beyond Book 3 by Kathryn Lasky
Vespers Rising The 39 Clues Book 11 by Rick Riordan, Peter Lerangis, Gordon Korman and Jude Watson
Liar, Liar by Gary Paulsen
Flood and Fire by Emily Diamand
Waiting for Normal (5 paperback copies) by Leslie Connor
The Healing Spell by Kimberley Griffiths Little
*Lots of nonfiction including books about football, basketball, rodeo, stock cars, motorcycles, rock climbing, baseball, Henry Ford bio, paintball, dirt bikes, BigFoot, soccer, roller coasters, and a Ripley's 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment