Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

Well, I finished the Millenium Trilogy several days ago and can't stop thinking about Lisbeth and Mikael. And to think the work was delivered shortly before the author's death. After reading his biography at www.stieglarsson.com, I can't help but wonder if the author's death was natural? If you read this trilogy, you'd understand. (And remember, students, this is one for adults.) I seem to be haunted by places like Goteborg, Stockholm, Uppsala, and Soedertalaeje. The nagging urge to see these places for myself just won't go away. I've Googled them...they're beautiful, just as I imagined them. Just as Larsson described them. Wow, what a legacy he left behind of his love for his country and his fight for democracy and human rights.

I also have a compulsion to either purchase the movies (in Swedish with English subtitles) from Amazon or to download them from some online "free movie" site. I'm trying not to do either. But one can only watch a movie trailer so many times...

Glad to have read this trilogy after all...perhaps crime fiction is for me. As long as it's as good as Larrson's work.

Thanks again LT...
Happy Reading!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment