Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

GoodSearch

It's that time of year...new school supplies are carefully packed into spotless backpacks, new lunchboxes are purchased (because I can't stand the smell of old juice boxes!), the choices about what to wear on the first day are made, and I begin my mourning period. Mommy guilt gets me every August. Summer is gone for Kentucky school kids. The rest of the nation appears to be gearing up for summer while we're anticipating fall break! But somehow we remind ourselves just how fortunate we are to be happy and healthy and we start the new school year with a positive attitude each time.

That's why I'm thinking about GoodSearch this morning. One of the highlights of my job as a librarian is watching as tweens get excited about books. I use peer pressure to my advantage - former reluctant readers often become curious as their "reader" friends want to visit the library instead of pass notes when they have some "down time". I have my fair share of converts each year. (smile)

In order to finance one of our more popular reading events, the Book Fair Cafe, we rely upon the money earned from searches and shopping through GoodSearch.com. So far, we've earned 11 cents this year and that's just not enough! (hysterical laugh) In the past few years, we've earned $369.48. They send us a check each December and we deposit it in our Rewards Day Fund. In May, LT and I go shopping for cafe supplies and spend the money.

When you shop online, go through GoodSearch to reach your websites because sometimes online stores will donate a % of your purchase to your "charity".

So I'm going to make a better effort to advertise GoodSearch more. Starting now.

The process is a simple one. (I'll admit that GoodSearch is not as productive a search engine as Google, but since our school earns 1 cent for each search, at least you can feel good about donating to a local "charity". )

1. Go to www.goodsearch.com
2. Set your "charity" as Muhlenberg North Middle School
3. Click the verify button to lock in your selection.
4. You may begin searching. Each search gives MNMS a penny.
5. Each time you revisit GoodSearch, please check to see that the charity you are searching for is MNMS.


GoodSearch: You Search...We Give!

*Sometimes we have to put down our fiction and face reality...books cost money!
Happy Reading!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment