Search This Blog

Monday, March 14, 2011

The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven

Meet Alex.  He's the boy who came back from Heaven.  I read his story this weekend, a book written by him and his father.  He's an amazing child with an unbelievable story.  His faith and knowledge of Heaven and of God's grace is so strong.  I have learned so much from his story...namely, to go boldly before the throne, to acknowledge angels in my life more often, to rely upon my faith more, and to cherish my family as I count the blessings God has bestowed upon me.  This story will make you cry, laugh, shout and stand amazed at the power of our Lord.  


I wouldn't dare ruin this story for you, so I'll simply comment on it's structure...Kevin Malarchy, Alex's father, narrates this true story beginning with the morning of the accident.  His relationship with Alex reminds me of my husband's and my son's relationship.  They are so close.  The events of the accident are described and the father's narration is interrupted occasionally by Alex's descriptions of Heaven, angels, Jesus, death, events after his accident, Satan and his demons, and of frequent trips he takes back to Heaven, including discussions he has with God, Jesus and angels.  


I believe this story.  I believe in miracles.  And I believe that if God showed Paul and John glimpses of Heaven and asked them to share (or not to share) then He can and does do that today.  Just as in 90 Minutes in Heaven or 23 Minutes in Hell, both books that describe the afterlife, I believe that Alex's story is being used to warn humanity and to prepare Christians and nonChristians for death. 


If you have the opportunity, please read this book.  It's appropriate for all ages.  In fact, I read some of Alex's descriptions to my children and they were speechless.  


Did I mention Alex was 6 years old when he first had these experiences?  What a testimony!  


May God bless this family and yours.
*Please say a special prayer for a dear family in our church.  They are experiencing a setback and need a miracle.


Happy Reading! (and let's sprinkle our fiction with some Christian literature every now and then)
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment