Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2013

Prodigy

I stayed up until 11:30 last night, attempting to finish Prodigy, the second installment in the Legend Series by Marie Lu.  It's a fantastic book if you immediately read it following Legend, but given several months since I'd read the first, I was in desperate need for a review of the characters, setting and the plot!  I felt completely clueless as I started this book...asking LT to remind me who Thomas was and how Metias died and all the other critical plot elements that should have been evident to me.  Why did I have such trouble reconnecting?  No clue.  Perhaps it was that I read Legend too quickly as I previewed it for the KBA list.  Who knows?  

To remedy my situation, I visited the author's website, Googled images of the characters and a last chapter summary for the first book.  I was determined to reconnect.  And as LT suggested, because she was further ahead in the book than I, the author did eventually attempt to catch me up herself.  Thank you, Ms. Lu.  You did an excellent job.  And how do I know?  Because I loved the book.  I actually care about the characters and am looking forward to the final book.  Please hurry and release it this year!  LOL

For those of you who struggle with retention...please know that I understand.
Happy Reading and Remembering!  (And if you'd like a synopsis of both books, visit www.marielu.org)

RC

No comments:

Post a Comment