Search This Blog

Sunday, July 6, 2014

To Heaven and Back

A couple of years ago, I came across this book while searching for something unique for my mother to read.  She enjoys biography and true accounts of angels, near-death experiences, etc...  So when I saw this title, I knew it was right up her alley.  She read it and immediately brought it back to me to read.  She was so excited to share it.  For whatever reason, I couldn't get to it at that moment and it found it's way to my bedside book stack.  And eventually, it sank to the bottom of the stack and was just this month picked back up.  I sure did miss a blessing not reading it two years ago.

About this true story:  Dr. Mary C. Neal writes about her death experience while kayaking.  Without giving too much of the story away, please know that I believe every word she says about her son, what happened to her when she died and the messages God sent to her afterward.  She struggled with sharing this story, because it was HER story...her experience with the Lord and that is sacred.  However, He must have wanted her to share it because she reluctantly did and I'm so glad.  

If you want to take Dr. Neal's journey with her, be prepared to read for a while...you won't want to put it down.  You'll have to finish it in one sitting like I did.  It's that poignant.  It will definitely make you think about all the "coincidences" and "encounters" you've had so far in your own journey.  

To me, it's as good as Heaven is for Real in that she writes so purely and there's an innocence about her experience that you won't doubt.  So, if you're a fan of that book/movie, you'll want to pick up your own copy.

Happy Reading!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment