Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

MNMS KBA Winner

It's my extreme pleasure to announce the MNMS Kentucky Bluegrass favorite for the 2012-2013 school year..... 

Michael Vey:  Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans!  

Over 35 students read and voted for the book.  Considering our school's population and the fact that I only have 5 copies, that's an outstanding number!  I attribute some of the popularity to the free press the book received thanks to it's inclusion in our Fall Book Frenzy and to the sequel's inclusion in the Winter Book Frenzy.  The adult leader, LT's husband, did a great job advertising the book.  Thanks to the author for writing a character our middle school students could connect with, even though none of them were born with electrical powers.  ;)  

As always, I've tabulated all votes and submitted them to Eastern Kentucky University, where they will join all other votes from across the state.  The state winner will be announced soon.  And of course, I'll announce it here!  To learn more about the book, visit http://www.michaelvey.com/

If you like science fiction, pick up a copy of this series...go ahead and buy books 1 and 2.  I haven't read the sequel, but my students tell me it's even better than the first.  And of course, I've already done my homework...yes, there will be a third.  

Happy Sci-fi reading!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment