Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Ghost of Graylock

I'm not much of a ghost story fan, but I do love a suspenseful story and Dan Poblocki has provided my young adult readers with a well-rounded, suspense-filled ghost story with The Ghost of Graylock. There's just enough of the horror film "spook" factor to keep my reluctant readers glued to the page. I admit my heartbeat increased a little with their first encounter with the ghost.   However, my avid readers will find themselves immersed in not only the intrigue of the Graylock ghost, but also Neil and Bree's very real issues with their parents' recent divorce and mental health issues.  Bravo, author, for understanding that middle school students can handle complex plots and characters.  I'm so thrilled to be able to offer a book that not only has a fabulous cover, but holds a fascinating story within.  

To read the blurb and prologue, visit the Scholastic link here...The Ghost of Graylock blurb and excerpt  Once there, you'll need to click on "Read an Excerpt" and will be taken to a pdf document to read the prologue.  

Happy Spring Break Reading!  I'm currently on my 3rd book since the break started!  And I believe, if my math is accurate, that this makes my 57th book!  Whoo!

RC

No comments:

Post a Comment