Search This Blog

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Love's Sacred Song

I have a new favorite author.  Mesu Andrews.  She writes novels based upon Bible characters and their amazing stories.  Just finished Love's Sacred Song.  I've always loved Song of Solomon for it's shepherd's verse and romance.  It's obvious Solomon loved one of his wives very much and held her above all others.  He had 700 wives and 300 concubines at the time of his death, so this woman must have captured his heart.  What I appreciate most about her writing is that she doesn't fictionalize the story or the characters too much.  She studies, reads God's Word and then weaves a story throughout.  So when reading her stories, I don't feel as if she is adding or taking anything away from the Bible.  I'll never be able to read Song of Solomon again without thinking of Solomon and his beloved in a deeper, more personal way. So glad I ordered the other book she wrote about Job and Dinah!  Love Among the Ashes.  And I was pleased to learn she has two more books coming out in 2013 and 2014.

Happy summer reading!
This makes 20 for me!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment