Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

The Book of Job (#33)

The Book of Job...Good News Translation version.  This was the second time I'd read the book all the way through and I garnered new lessons and picked up a few more reminders about gratitude.  You see, this book of the Bible is Job's story.  His life. I believe the story begins when he is about 100 years old.  He had an established family and was a righteous man.  God was proud of him.  Satan was allowed to take everything away from him, including physical comfort.  He endured it all without cursing God.  He questioned God many times and even became angry because he didn't understand his suffering.  His friends tried to console him, but it just made him angry.  One of his students finally reminded him that God is in control.  Always.  And then my favorite part...God asks Job some questions that Job dares not answer.  If you haven't read this book of the Holy Bible, then you should.  I used a simply storytelling version to make it simpler for myself.  It's a bit confusing to read in the King James Version or the New International Version.  I wanted to get to know Job as a man.  A suffering man.  And I wanted to hear his words as clearly as possible.  God is very straightforward when He speaks to Job and that's what I needed as well.  To be reminded of God's glorious power.  It's all in His hands.  Everything.  It always has been and always will be.  


Happy Summer Reading!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment