Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Favorite Childhood Book Memories

Another day of rocking my sweet princess back to health.  Our favorite snuggly activity is reading and at this rate we will have read every children's book we own!  Took me back to when Connor and Emma were babies and requested certain books over and over.  Then I found myself thinking about my favorite childhood books as well as one my brother couldn't get enough of !  Enjoy my trip down memory lane.  I've included pics just in case you're a visual person like me!!!
Connor's favorite.  Not only did I read this to him, I would have to sing it when he took a bath.

Emma's favorite.  She still loves it.


  



My brother Jamie's favorite.  My mother knew this book backwards!  She could never skip a page or one single word. 
This was one of my favorites.  I had so many favorites that my mother actually put this one in a yard sale!!!  Don't worry, I rescued it!     
I loved this book!  It's the book I think of first when I take a trip down memory lane.
Who can forget Little Golden Books?  Mom tells me that every time we went to the grocery store, she'd allow me to get either a book or a piece of candy.  I always chose a book!!!  I think I had the entire set!

This is the only book my husband fondly remembers.  I'm guessing this is the cover he read with Mrs. Scarbro in elementary school.  I brought a copy home from work so he could read it with our kids.  It truly is a great story.  
 Thanks for taking a trip down memory lane with me.  I know you've got favorite childhood books of your own.  I'd love to hear which books you loved!
Happy Reading!
RC

No comments:

Post a Comment